Thursday, November 20, 2008

Brrrrrsday

It done be cold out today! 25 right now.

I stayed home sick from work yesterday...though I worked from home and was quite busy. Add my dinosaur of a computer to the mix and it makes for a lot of cursing and not much rest. Needless to say I don't feel much better today. And I have no voice.
So, today's plan is: silence from Monstastic's cubicle. Sadface.

As I was sitting here drinking my morning coffee, I got to wondering what A.M. and P.M. stood for with regard to time. I figured M stood for some sort of medium, middle, medio, etc. So, I looked it up.

Today's useless information:

A.M.- From Latin ante meridiem, meaning before noon (12:00).

P.M.- From Latin post meridiem, meaning after noon (12:00).

While I'm no Latin major, I don't believe that meridiem means noon. I can deduce (with my monster-sized brain, and knowledge of Italian) that meridiem may actually mean midday or the middle of the day.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle GI Joe.

No comments: