Tuesday, April 12, 2011

bye-bye diagonals

Well, a great change as home to the streets of D-town. The elimination of the diagonal crosswalks. Sigh. My world is changing around me.

I guess I should have seen this coming. Change, that is. 

June marks 5 years that I've here. Five. Whole. Years. 

I remember when I first moved and was unhappy since I didn't know anybody...and I was hopeful to make it one year here before I moved. Then, something happened. Something I like to call enamorment. Is that a word? I don't care. I fell in love with Denver, from top to bottom. From buildings to diagonal crosswalks.

Anyone who visited me was so thrown off by the diagonal crosswalks that a conversation about them has happened on multiple occasions.

Ahhh, the memories of past visitors, youthful city nights, and crosswalk confusion.

You will be missed my cherished crosswalk friends. 

And with your disappearance from this city, I suspect mine will soon follow.

No comments: