Tuesday, April 5, 2011

children. sleeping. a different perspective.

Via Awesomenator.

Even though I'm not a child, this seemed rather appropriate today. You see, I only got 4 hours of sleep. Not intentionally. I went to bed at a normal time, which would have allowed for 7 hours of sleep. But I was restless. So now I'm running on minimal caffeine and excitement for that wonderful moment when my head hits the pillow again tonight.

That being said, this photo series by photographer James Mollison is lovely. They are part of his book Where Children Sleep and show images of children alongside a picture of where they sleep and a blurb about them and their life. From the US to around the world, it's amazing how different each child's environment and culture shape the way they live, they way they grow up, and what eventually become their hopes and dreams.

Homeless in Italy.

Pageant girl in Kentucky.

Young worker in Nepal.


It's worth checking out. And thinking about next time you lay down in your comfy cozy bed. Even if you DO only get 4 hours of sleep.

No comments: