Appropriate that my last post was about my post-baby body. That same day I went in for a routine preggo appointment and came home 4 days later with a baby. I ended up needing to be watched overnight that night at the hospital. The next day I was told I would be induced. And the next day I had a baby.
No big deal.
Crazy to think I wasn't even due until this past Sunday. Instead, I have a 3.5 week old. Wowie Kazowie.
So, motherhood you ask?
Not what I expected. Then again, neither was the whole having-the-baby process. Minor medical complications and a 4-night hospital stay coupled with the abrupt news that the baby would be here 3 weeks earlier than planned pretty much threw me right into the gauntlet.
Thank goodness she's OHMYGOSH soooo cute!
Annnnnd, now I'm on maternity leave for a number of weeks. Admittedly, I've become a regular dairy farm. And amidst the lactose-o-rama and hundreds of poop-bombs...Montastic needs a new a hobby.
Requirements for said hobby:
1. Can be done in 2-hour increments (or less).
2. Can be paused at any moment.
3. Is really inexpensive and/or free.
4. Is preferably creative (reading books, for example, is a terrible suggestion.)
5. Requires me to use my brain.
6. Is something for just me, unrelated to babyness or motherhood.
Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?