Friday, August 17, 2007

A Tuscan Photo Lexicon

during my morning reading of blogs today, I stumbled across a project by a man named Douglas Gayeton. It's called My Shoes are Caked With Mud. A Tuscan Photo Lexicon. and it is amazing.

And no, not just because it's italian-oriented. I absolutely love the way the words interplay with the images. There's so much meaning in the photography itself (most of which is usually left up to imagination). But, having the words included adds a different perspective and a little insight into the photographer (what he chooses to highlight), the people in the picture (their "true" identities) and the endless possibility of two-dimensional imagery.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

check out the rest of the art and see if it inspires at you at all.
www.gayeton.com/photoworks

1 comment:

The Artistic Mercenary™ said...

Awesome stuff. By the way you can hyperlink Web addresses in your posts so that people can just click on them...it goes like this:

Well I tried to show you here but Blogger won't let me do that because Blogger is fucking lame. And I hope they see that I wrote that, and then cry into their bowls of Count Chocula, while flipping through the latest issue of a video game cheat codes magazine, and whining to their mommy, "Why don't they like me?"

I don't like you because you're fucking lame. I'll e-mail it to you since they won't let me post it in comment. 'Tards.