Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Well, I'm doing it again.


I'll be participating in the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk this November in San Diego. Over 3 days, I'll walk 60 miles with thousands of people, including my amazing team: Too Sexy!

I walked it last year and it was amazing. With the support of my much-stronger-than-me team, I limped through all 60 miles. And, for some odd reason, signed up again as my team's captain. Call me crazy, but it's such a great cause.

I've agreed to raise at least $2300 in donations, though I hope to raise a lot more with your help. I barely made my goal last year and I'm starting early with the fundraising harassment this time around :)

The proceeds of the walk will support breast cancer research, education, and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

This year, someone very special to me has been touched by Breast Cancer. Matt, my fiance, recently found out that both his aunt and his mom had been diagnosed. His aunt is in recovery and his mom is undergoing intense chemo to beat it. She's very strong and I know she'll become one of the many survivors. For them, for him, for everyone else....that's why I'm walking.

Any donation will go to this great cause and hopefully a cure. Please help out. Whether it's a small donation, a pledge of 50 cents a mile, or a $10 donation for each day--I will make my goal with your help.

My personal fundraising site can be found at:
http://tinyurl.com/MonicaWalks

You can donate there or call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone.

I promise I'll write you a really nice thank you note. :) Otherwise, you'll be getting a couple friendly reminders to donate until the walk is here.

Breast cancer will affect 1 in 8 women in their lifetime. And this year alone, almost 2000 men will be diagnosed. Breast cancer knows no gender, age, or family history. For more information on the walk and the disease, please visit the3day.org.

Otherwise just stop by my page with your support:

http://tinyurl.com/MonicaWalks

No comments: