Thursday, August 12, 2010

Even though we ain't got money

Here is some handy dandy math to most concisely explain my point:

saving for a wedding + billsbillsbills + fiance = "Even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey."

Here are a few budget-friendly things that light up my broke-and-saving-for-a-wedding self:

- black coffee at home vs lattes out
- coupons vs full price
- free tickets vs notfree tickets
- inventing new recipes with whatever is in the cupboard vs buying ingredients for the same old meal
- dollar menus vs more-than-dollar menus
- pandora's free music stream vs buying music
- phone calls vs travel
- walks/hikes vs going out to lunch or dinner
- cheap light beer vs microbrews
- using up lotions/soaps/makeup etc vs buying new products just to try them
- finally taking my joint supplements vs buying more paid meds for my knees
- creating vs consuming

As wonderful as life is...here's to dreaming about life after the wedding budget crunch.




"Now I see a family where there once was none, now we've just begun,
Yeah, we're gonna fly to the sun."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is full of it's challenges and rewards, and you're just starting to explore all that you'll enjoy together. It's going to be great I just know it.

Dad