Monday, July 9, 2007

enlightenment at Estes Cone

6.4 miles round trip + 70 oz water + tough as shit incline + scree = need for huge sandwich

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



What I learned at the top of a mountain:

i can actually sweat 100% bile.
70 oz aint enough.
i love Sweet Salty Nut.
Colorado is fan-freakin-tastically breathtaking.
wind is windy.
Sethypoo is da bomb.
i lovelovelove cool, gnarly trees.
kids and hardcore old people can kick my ass
my family should move closer to me.
if you slip, just keep going.
keep seth full.
i want to have more outdoorsy friends.
sunblock doesn't cut it at 11,000 feet.
i need to wear high-butt elastic-waist pants when i hit 50.
babies get a free ride up the mountain on papa's back. spoiled little turds.
happiness is possible.
the time has come to go horseback riding.
buy hiking boots.
my legs are shapely and nice.
anyway you want it, that's the way you need it (ala Journey)
shaky knees, solid heart.
smelly, dirty, sweaty, sore, burnt, hungry is the most wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

1 comment:

The Artistic Mercenary™ said...

Awesome! Though I am a little hurt that you didn't even list my Jelly Legs song on here. :-(