Thursday, September 25, 2008

just hold on to the end

i was introduced to John Frusciante on a trip to Portland a month or so ago. by someone important to me.

this song reminds me of something recently. i've included the lyrics below. enjoy. or don't. at this point i don't really care.


"Ascension"

Coming up to the end
These feelings weren't always pretend
Review your whole life and you don't even have to die
Life would never leave me alone
A choice which way i wanted to go
And everything I've seen is wrong to make me what I'll be
All men
You don't need anyone
Just hold on to the end
And you don't even have to look good
Woman
You do fine on you own
You're free to cry and you don't even have to wipe your eyes
You once saved me
and now I'm where you want me to be
Acending endlessly and I don't even have to try

2 comments:

The Artistic Mercenary™ said...

You didn't know John Frusciante before!? Damn. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were missing out or I would have rectified that! Well I'm glad you know him now!

Anonymous said...

wasn't he once a guitarist for the red hot chili peppers?