Monday, April 28, 2008
walking to work in D-town, a case study
Well, I'm starting the walking-to-work thing until I figure out my automobile situation. Here's what I've learned about the dark, perverse side of walking to work on a bright, sunny morning.
1. I will get honked at more than once because A) Denverites are so friendly! or B)I'm fucking hot!
2. I will have staredowns with creepers in cars. Take that! I win.
3. I sweat when I walk quickly. Yumzo.
4. Pigeons swirl about carefree and chipper under the overpass...and leave lots of turd.
5. Mexikan't spell. (Although to be fair, I learned this last night and not today)
6. I need to remember to wear a belt.
7. I should have been walking to work much sooner. It's not that far and really quite pleasant.